Please be certain that the plan you have selected suits your needs as all sales are final.
All house plans from MJS CUSTOM HOME DESIGN are designed to comply with the International Residential Code (IRC) and to the Southern Building Code.
Every state, county or municipality will have its own building and code requirements. It is possible that your plan may need to be modified to comply with these local requirements. This is particularly true in coastal areas and those facing seismic events, extreme winds and heavy snow. If you are building in any of these areas, it is likely that a licensed structural engineer will be needed to provide the necessary calculations and additional drawings. We authorize the use of our plans conditioned on your obligation and agreement to strictly comply with all local building codes, ordinances, regulations and requirements, including permits and inspections at the time of and during construction. We recommend checking with your local building department for the most current requirements.
All pre-drawn plans from MJS INC do not carry a stamp from a licensed architect or structural engineer. If this is a requirement from your local building department, you will need to hire an architect or engineer to review and stamp the plans.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you live in the State of Florida, please contact us and we will be happy to give you a quote on completed engineered signed and sealed plans ready for permitting in your locale.
MJS INC retains title and ownership of all plans. MJS INC, as the Licensor, grants you, as Licensee, the right to use these plans to construct a single structure. All of our plans are protected under the Federal Copyright Act, Title XVII of the U.S. code and Chapter 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The plans licensed to you cannot be used or resold to another individual. These plans cannot be copied or reproduced by any means unless specifically authorized.
ABOUT COPYRIGHTS: DON’T BREAK THE LAW!
- All of the plans in this web site are protected under the Federal Copyright Act, Title XVII of the U.S. code and Chapter 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- MJS INC retains title and ownership of the original documents. The plans licensed to you for a single use cannot be reused, altered, copied or resold to any other individual.
- Reproduction of these home plans, either in whole or in part, including any form of electronic copying and/or preparation of derivative works thereof, for any reason is strictly prohibited.
- The purchase of a set of house plans in no way transfers any copyright or other ownership interest in it to the buyer except for a limited license to use that set of home plans for the construction of one dwelling.
- The purchase of additional sets of that home plan at a reduced price from the original set or as part of a multiple set package does not convey to the buyer a license to construct more than one dwelling.
- Similarly, the purchase of reproducible sets carries the same copyright protection. To use any plans more than once, and to avoid any copyright /license infringement, it is necessary to contact the plan's designer to receive a release and license for any extended usage.
- Whereas a purchaser of PDFs is granted a license to make copies as needed for construction, it should be noted that as copyrighted material, making photocopies from blueprints is illegal.
- Copyright and licensing of home plans for construction exist to protect all parties. It respects and supports the intellectual property of MJS INC.
- Copyright law has been reinforced over the past few years. Willful infringement could cause settlements for statutory damages up to $150,000 plus attorney fees, damages and loss of profits.